Winter Holiday Recipes
Apple Oatmeal Muffins August 25 2016
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup San Diego Honey Company Apple Pie Spice Honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups thinly diced apples
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, honey, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add the apples and oats to the bowl and gently fold them in.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (it'll be about 1/4 cup in each one). Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with softened butter and San Diego Honey Company Apple Pie Spice Honey for drizzling.
Honey Glazed Brie Appetizer August 15 2016
- 1/2 cup San Diego Honey Company® Coastal Wildflower Honey
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 T. brandy
- Place brie cheese round in a 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 500°F for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle honey and nut mixture over the brie.
- Bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until topping is thoroughly heated.
- Do not melt cheese.
- Enjoy with grapes, apple slices, crackers and crostini.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary (optional).
Orange Blossom Lemonade July 26 2015
1/2 cup SDHC Orange Blossom Honey
5 cups hot water
1 cup lemon juice
Add hot water to honey and stir well.
Add lemon juice.
Serve over ice.
Optional - Top with Champagne or Cava!
Peach & Mozzarella Salad April 28 2015
5 peaches, 3 green onions sliced, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 3 T. SDHC Raw Orange Blossom Honey, 1 t. salt, 1 t. lime zest, 1/2 c. lime juice, 3/4 t. cumin, 1 T. tequila, 1/3 c. olive oil, 6 oz. watercress, 3/4 lb. fresh mozzarella cut into 16 slices
Peel and chop 1 peach. Cut remaining peaches into rounds.
Process chopped peach and next 8 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add olive oil and pulse a few times until combined.
Brush peach rounds with 1/3 cup of dressing. Grill covered at medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side.
Arrange watercress on 4 plates. Alternately layer 4 peach rounds and 4 mozzarella slices on top of watercress. Top each with 3 more peach rounds. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Honey Hot Toddy November 19 2014
Just in time for the holidays... Enjoy!
2 oz. whiskey
1 T. San Diego Honey Company Holiday Spice Honey
4 oz. hot water
1 t. fresh lemon juice (bottled will work too)
1 slice fresh lemon (optional)
Pour whiskey into a cup.
Add honey and lemon juice.
Add hot water (not boiling - don't cook the honey) and stir with the spoon used for honey.
Add the slice of lemon and enjoy.
Pico de Gallo with Habañero Chipotle Honey November 05 2014
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- 3 T. Habañero Chipotle San Diego Honey Company Honey
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 t. Sea Salt
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cilantro (optional)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
Baby Kale Salad with Citrus Honey Vinaigrette October 22 2014
- 3 cups baby kale
- ¼ cup Stilton cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. Citrus Infused San Diego Honey Company Honey
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss with all salad ingredients
Serve immediately and enjoy! This is the perfect accompaniment to grilled salmon and wild rice.
Charred Garlic Edamame with Ginger-Lemon Honey October 11 2014 1 Comment
- 16oz Edamame, frozen in shell
- 3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. Ginger Lemon Infused SDHC Honey
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 t. red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- Steam edamame for 3 minutes. Blanch in ice water and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a skillet over high heat with 1 T. olive oil. Microwave edamame for 30 seconds and add to skillet.
- Pan sear until edamame are slightly charred. Add 2 T. olive oil and 2 T. soy sauce, Saute for 1 minute. Add honey all remaining ingredients. Turn off heat and toss until well coated.
Eat 'em hot!